Why Teach In A Thai School?Thailand have some of the best schools in Asia, although the English Teaching Salary is lower compared to other countries, you are guaranteed to meet some of the most special and humble students that you will ever meet. Going to class every day is something that you will look forward to. Getting to really know the students is a gift in itself, they give you a tonne of local knowledge, and a lot of useless information about Thai boy-bands such as Big Ass.
What is An Ajarn?
Salary For English Language Teachers
For a newcomer to Thailand with only a degree and tefl certificate, you could expect to earn around 30000/35000 Thai Baht (monthly). This is more than enough and allows for you to save as many things are very cheap. Usually you get your accomodation covered which means you only pay for food and bills. And rice is very cheap! So is the electric! Most schools in Thailand won't pay for your flights.
What Visa Do I Need To Teach In Thailand?
You can arrive on a tourist visa, and after that is finished convert to a nonb-visa, whilst companies prepare the paperwork for the Thai work permit - which is a small blue book. Once you have this work permit - you are free to work.
- Some teachers will be nice to begin with, and then forgot you after a week.
- Usually have to work the full office hours.
- Exams will usually be faked so students can pass the test.
- Work with amazing and humble students.
- Students are so happy.
- Thai Teachers are so friendly.
- Do you really want to teach in Thailand?
- Anuban - Similar to nursery level
- Prathom - Kindergarden upto the age of 12 years old.
- Mattayom - High School - 12 to 18 years old.